Associated Event – IAEA Environet-NORM Project
The IAEA Environet NORM Project is pleased to contribute to NORM X by organizing a special NORM X session, which will take place on May 10th 2022 08:30 – 12:10 CET. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the activities of the NORM Project of Environet and gain a better understanding of the main challenges and opportunities related to the management of NORM and NORM-affected legacy sites worldwide.
The NORM Project was articulated in 2016, with the objective to compile and share good practices and technologies in order to support Member States in (1) acquiring knowledge; (2) obtaining practical experience; and (3) implementing best practices on the sustainable management of NORM residues.
The sessions will include an invited presentation by Environet Scientific Secretary, Horst Monken-Fernandes, on “Environmental aspects of NORM,” as well as presentations by Working Group Chairs and experts from each of the NORM Project Working Groups:
- WG 1. Policies & Strategies on Norm Residues Management
- WG 2. Inventories of Norm Residues
- WG 3. Cost Assessment of Norm Waste Management Options
- WG 4. Characterization of Norm
- WG 5. Valorization of Norm Residues and Waste
- WG 6. Decommissioning of Norm Affected Facilities